Casino Slots Games: Common Terms
In order to get the best out of casino slots games, it’s necessary to develop a grasp of the terminology surrounding them. Take a look at the glossary below and some of the more common lingo used by casino slots players should become more familiar.
Autoplay: multiple spins from a single click. This is often customisable by the player.
Bonus Feature: usually a wild symbol, free spin, or a secondary game. Different slots games include different combinations of features.
Free Spin: extra spins at no cost – usually given in multiples as part of a bonus feature.
Gamble Game: popular in many casino slots. Players gamble their most recent win on the turn of a card.
Jackpot: the best possible prize from a slot machine.
Multi-line: this refers to slots games with more than one pay-line. Modern slots sometimes have over 100.
Multiplier: a feature that increases existing wins and/or further wins by a certain amount
Pay-line: the sequence in which symbols must line up on the reels to win. Many casino slots games offer multiple straight lines, diagonals, or any combination.
Progressive: an additional jackpot that increases whenever anyone plays the game. Machines with progressive jackpots are linked to similar machines via a network.
Scatter: a special symbol that pays out whenever it appears anywhere on any reel.
Video Slot: the general term for slots games that feature a video screen rather than actual mechanical reels. It also refers to slots that have animated video and bonus screens.
Wild: another special symbol that substitutes for others to complete winning lines.
These few terms should make things clearer. Of course, the best way to get to grips with casino slots games is to play them.
Casino Slot Games
Casino slot games have come a long way since the invention of the first slot machine in the 1800s. These games were once called one arm bandits, and had a lever that needed to be pulled in order to spin the reels. Today, slot games can be played online using advanced casino software that replicates the spinning of the reels.
With a huge variety of slot games on the market, and features such as Free Spins, Wilds, Scatters and other bonus options, you can enjoy your favourite casino slot games without ever leaving the comfort of home!
Choosing Casino Slot
With a range of games to suit players of all levels, casino slot games are one of the easiest casino games to play. The rules are simple – you need to match up symbols across the reels in order to win the prizes shown on the paytable. Each type of slot game has its own separate rules, which include some of the following:
- In 3-reel slot games, you can win prizes even by matching up 2 symbols on the reels. The game jackpot can only be won when 3 symbols are matched however.
- In 5-reel slot games, prizes range from matching up 3 to 5 symbols, with additional bonus features such as Wilds and Scatters to increase your chances of a winning combination.
- Other features to look out for in these games include Free Spins and Multipliers, as well as gamble games that can be played for extra prizes.
- Video slots are a type of 5-reel game that have anything from a single payline all the way through to no payline games that instead off 243 to 1024 ways to win.
- Progressive slot games have prizes that increase until the game is won – this means that prizes can grow as huge as a million or more pounds!
Winning Casino Slots Games
While slot games are largely based on the luck of the draw, betting max coins is one of the best ways to win these games. Looking out for games that have bonus features, or progressive games with huge payouts are also ways that you can increase your chances of winning casino slot games!